Hi Alan,

For a full auto-formatting problem description, please see APAR SE18996

I have reproduced the CALLPRC problem.  It only occurs when prompting the
command on a V5R3 host, as the command was changed in that release.  The
problem is not 5.1.2.4 related, and would have occurred on earlier versions
and service packs.
If you look at the log file, you will see that the XML generated by the
host cannot be correctly parsed.  I have opened APAR SE18720 to track the
problem.

If you are finding the CL parser to be slow,
1) Ensure you don't have auto-syntax checking on.  We are currently looking
at improving performance of the syntax checker.
2) Ensure that you don't have logging set to informational.  This
preferences should only be used when requested by support (as it is there
to help with reproducible or intermittent problems).
3) Again, for 5.1.2.4, please turn off the auto-formatting.

thanks,

Violaine Batthish
WebSphere Development Studio Client, IBM Toronto Lab

----- Forwarded by Violaine Batthish/Toronto/IBM on 01/29/2005 08:44 AM
-----