About 60% of my work is done for a Plan re-pricer.  Their entire system is
in very old/ugly/large RPG III code.  I've written some new programs
dealing with EDI data, so that's in RPG IV/ILE.  I use WDSC for all of my
iSeries work.  I can't remember the last time I was in SEU.

You'll take a time hit in the morning when you load it - I just do it the
first thing every day and then it's set.  Better have 1gb of RAM, unless
WDSC is all you're running.  I'm running lotus notes, iSeries Access, Word
and WDSC and I'm on 512 and I don't recommend that!.  Actually, I can make
it with that, but if I open ops-nav, or something else - the system really
dies.

One of the things I like most is I can see 50 or 60 lines of code on the
screen at a time - that's so much more helpful, plus code that's
side-by-side - very nice.

The biggest drawback? - taking the heat from my firm by being on the
"bleeding edge of technology".  I know it's not bleeding edge, but that's
the general thinking around my firm.

My opinion? - all iSeries Developers should be using WDSC - period.

Good luck!

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

RLeach@xxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/05/2005 10:39 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] for experienced Healthcare users

If you are currently working at a hospital or healthcare provider and are
currently using Websphere Development Studio for the iSeries, I'd like to
hear how the product is working for you (pros, cons, past accomplishments,
work in process, etc...).   Whatever information you are willing to share
would be appreciated.

Thank You.