Ben,

It's been awhile since your message posted and I haven't seen a response
yet, so I'll add just a little bit here.  I can't help much, but I never
use projects.  I use filters to my libraries and their source files.  When
I open source members like that (ie from a filter), they are locked while
I'm editing them and then replaced upon the save or close.  I bet that it
has something to do with you using projects.  Something rings a bell that
projects down load all of the code to your local PC.  That's nice if
you're not connected to the iSeries all of the time.  IF you're always
connected to the iSeries, then you might want to re-consider your use of
projects.  Then again - there might be something in the project setup that
will fix your issue.  Hopefully someone else will respond now.

Good luck.

Jeff Stevens
Mize, Houser & Co. P.A.
913 451 1882
JStevens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Ben_Pforsich@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/04/2005 09:15 AM
Please respond to
Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>

wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[WDSCI-L] Source member locks revisited

I know this topic has been brought up before, but I could find a solution
to my problem in the archive lists or in the online help.  My problem is
that I cannot get WDSC to behave like CODE did when it comes to locking my
source members and saving them instantly on the 400.  I just upgraded to
WDSC 5.1.2.3 on my Windows 2000 (SP4) machine, but I've been using
previous
versions of CODE for a couple years now.  We're on V5R2 with all the
appropriate PTF's applied (I think).

This is what I'm trying:
I create an iSeries project and set the associated library to an existing
library.  (I've tried all three different build styles and I've discovered
that it won't let me push changes down if I selected the *NONE build
style.)
I then import existing source members into my project.
I make changes and save them, but they're only being saved locally.  I
have
to push the changes down to update the source member, but still no locks
are placed.  Anyone can come along and edit the source on the 400
and--Viola!--we now have conflicts.

My questions are:

How do I get WDSC to lock my source member when I open it just like CODE
did?
How can I get it to automatically push my changes down everytime I save
the
source like CODE did?

Is there something I'm missing here?

Thanks for your help,