Hi All,

I am in the process of moving our Java SOAP WDSc built web services from
our iSeries running WAS Express 5.1 to instead use Tomcat 5.5.4.  The
reason being WAS Express takes an incredible amount of time to start
with a machine that is hard pressed for speed to begin with.

I have only done non-SOAP web services from the Tomcat end where I
manually parse incoming XML, not making use of any Wizards or WDSc (this
was about 3 years ago).

Now I use WDSc to auto generate all of my web service code and am
pleased with it's results. To date I have only deployed web services
created in WDSc to WAS instances and never Tomcat. In my attempts to
deploy my WDSc generated WAR file to Tomcat I get this message when I
start Tomcat:

SEVERE: Servlet /MSCRM2 threw load() exception
javax.servlet.ServletException: Class
com.wgeb.crm.xmlrequest.AccountWebServices is not a Servlet
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.jav
a:1015)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:886)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.j
ava:3817)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4079
)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.ja
va:755)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:525)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:777)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:672)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1079)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:31
0)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSu
pport.java:119)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1011)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1003)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:437)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2010)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:537)
        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown
Source)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:271)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:409)

This error is understandable being that
com.wgeb.crm.xmlrequest.AccountWebServices doesn't extend HTTPServlet
and is just a POJO. My first guess was that the SOAP implementation was
missing, so I installed Apache SOAP and got the examples included with
the download running. This did still not fix my problems and I am
assuming that is because I am using IBM's implementation of the SOAP
technology.

I have exported in my WAR the following jars just in case it was needing
them. Still without success.
iwdtrt.jar
xalan.jar
xercesImpl.jar
xmlParserAPIs.jar
xsdbean.jar

Here is the web.xml file:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE web-app PUBLIC "-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD Web Application
2.3//EN" "http://java.sun.com/dtd/web-app_2_3.dtd";>
<web-app id="WebApp">
        <display-name>MSCRM</display-name>
        <servlet>

<servlet-name>com_wgeb_crm_xmlrequest_AccountWebServices</servlet-name>

<servlet-class>com.wgeb.crm.xmlrequest.AccountWebServices</servlet-class

                <load-on-startup>1</load-on-startup>
        </servlet>
        <welcome-file-list>
                <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.html</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.htm</welcome-file>
                <welcome-file>default.jsp</welcome-file>
        </welcome-file-list>
</web-app>

Has anybody done what I am trying to do?  Any tips are much appreciated,
though I am thinking I will end up sticking with WAS or conforming to
Apache SOAP's implementation.

TIA,
Aaron Bartell