From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Tuesday, December 21, 2004 2:16 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] iSeries-related plugins

All:

I have scoured the Eclipse website looking for plugins that might be
useful to the "traditional" AS400/iSeries/i5 programmer:
RPG/COBOL/CL/Commands, etc.  Most of the stuff I've found is either
Java- or Web-related.  While I'd hardly call those plugins "useless",
I'm looking for things that are related to iSeries-specific tasks.

SoftLanding has put out an excellent plugin for Spooled Files and
another for Messages.  All of the major SCM folks have plugins that are
related to their tools as well.  Aaron Bartell recently mentioned a
plugin for QuantumDB in the ClubTech Program Tips newsletter (which I
now have installed and find very useful).

I suspect that if more folks could find useful plugins and install them,
the number of WDSc adopters might increase.  After all, is WDSc an IDE
if I have to switch to a green screen for interactive commands, and go
to iSeries Navigator for other functions?

What interesting plugins have you found?  And where?  If we share
amongst ourselves, then get the word out to those not using WDSc,
perhaps we can inspire a few new converts.

Thanks, and have a wonderful holiday...
Bruce Guetzkow
Information Services Director
United Credit Service, Inc.