Here is a solution:

"The code below shows the changes I made to the ibm-web-ext.xmi file to
save the generated Java servlet source for an application:
<webappext:WebAppExtension xmi:version="2.0"
xmlns:xmi="http://www.omg.org/XMI";
xmlns:webappext="webappext.xmi" xmlns:webapplication="webapplication.xmi"
xmi:id="WebAppExtension_1"
  reloadInterval="3"
  reloadingEnabled="true"
  additionalClassPath=""
  fileServingEnabled="true"
  directoryBrowsingEnabled="false"
  serveServletsByClassnameEnabled="true">
<jspAttributes xmi:id="JSPAttribute_1" name="keepgenerated" value="true"/>

              <webApp href="WEB-INF/web.xml#WebApp"/>
<jspAttributes xmi:id="JSPAttribute_2" name="scratchdir"
value="C:tempdebug"/>
              <webApp href="WEB-INF/web.xml#WebApp"/>
</webappext:WebAppExtension>

I specified a true value for the "keepgenerated" parameter, and I set the
"scratchdir" value to "c:tempdebug". "

NOTE: Credit for this tip goes to Jim Mason in an article posted at
search400.techtarget.com "Debug Web applications easily with WDSC"

Mike Burdette

Comporium Data Services
Web Development

===========================================================================================================================

message: 5
date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 09:16:28 -0400
from: Wayne.James@xxxxxxxxxxxx
subject: [WDSCI-L] Keep generated java code

I have lost my mind.

I am sure I have seen the answer to this question in a Midrange list in
the last month, but for the life of me, I cannot find it.

How does one cause WDSC (5.1.0) to retain the generated java source when
it compiles a JSP?

Thanks for any help.

L. Wayne James
Senior Developer