From: Dave Murvin [mailto:davem@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: Saturday, September 18, 2004 1:29 PM
To: wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Can not get breakpoints set in RSE source to work

I have been having a hard time figuring out how/where to set breakpoints to
debug a program.

I was setting break points in the source module in the RSE perspective,
then trying to debug the program object interactively going through the
debug menu.  When I selected Resume in the Debug perspective, I assumed
that the program would run to the first break point I had set.  Instead,
the program runs to completion without stopping at any break points.

What I discovered is that the Debug perspective brings up the program to be
debugged in a separate pgm.listing view.  When I set the break points in
this listing view, the debugger stops at the break points as expected. None
of the breakpoints set in the RSE source view were transferred to this
pgm.listing view.

What is the purpose of setting the break points in the RSE perspective view
of the source if they are not recognized by the debugger?  Am I missing
something?  I spent quite a while figuring out how to get any break points
to work.  It was very frustrating.

I am using WDSCi 5.1.2.1 and V5R3

Thanks.

Dave Murvin