   Thanks Vern.

   That is almost word for word what  5.1.0.3 has for help.  It does get me
   started, and I have experimented a little (when I have the time).  I
   thought that IBM might give access to the existing COBOL templates, or
   tell me where they are, so they can be altered for how I code.  But going
   to the templates options through the menus only gives me some of the free
   form RPG templates to alter.  None of the ILE COBOL templates show up.  I
   would like the ability to alter the given templates, so there are not more
   Evaluate, If, Read, Write, etc templates than needed.

   There is also an import and export function that is not described in the
   help, but I guess that I will have to find out how that works by my self.
   I hope that if I export from 5.1.0.3 and import into 5.1.2 when I get it
   installed and running, that they will be compatible.

   I do get a list of variables for COBOL  when I prompt after an IF
   statement.  The list has to be navigated with page up and down keys, and
   with the arrow keys.  I would like to see the list jump to the first
   variable with the letter I type.  For example, if I display a list of
   variables, or of commands, and I type the letter 'e' I would like to have
   the list positioned at the first variable or command that starts with that
   letter.  Commands I know really well for COBOL, but the variables could be
   a big help with the list.

   Jim