<Cloud of doom casts pall over ... Wait!  That was one heckuva run-on
sentence!>

Ahem.  The simple, wide-open question:  Does your boss have any idea what
s/he's doing?

Before I jump to conclusions, how about a little more detail?  What is the
"translation project"?  Are you moving off the AS/400?  If so, to what?

db