I am reasonably sure the cause of the slowness is a combination of the
Eclipse environment and communication (sometimes) to the server, and I don't
know of anything short of a Pentium 2000 (as in Pentium 4 * 500) that will
make WDSCi go "fast".

The most practical solution may be a slimmed-down version, with full editing
capabilities and limited everything else.  Another possibility is having
WDSCi load automatically at reboot (which will make my 2 ghZ 768 MB.
ThinkPad take 10 minutes, not 5, to reboot).

The real way to make WDSCi go faster is to make the IBM developers use it!

-reeve