Ewout,

I would definitely suggest moving to the 5.1.2 release.  There have been
many fixes in the editor which hopefully solve your issues with the Outline
view and verify (these are different than the JVM errors which Don has
responded too).  If you have reproducible problems, please make sure you
contact IBM iSeries support so the problems can be resolved.

Thanks,
Eric

Eric Simpson
WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries, IBM Toronto Lab,
D1/140/8200/MKM
Phone:  (905) 413-3226,  T/L:  969-3226,  Fax: (905) 413-4850
Email:  esimpson@xxxxxxxxxx

             ewout.boter@abbot
             t.com
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
             idrange.com                                                cc

                                                                   Subject
             08/04/2004 02:34          [WDSCI-L] Stability problems
             AM

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I keep having problems with the stability of WDSCi. Sometimes, the
application just terminates with a JVM error of some sort. (It happened to
me again five minutes ago.) Refreshing the outline of an ILE RPG member
causes a total lockup of the computer, and the same thing (sometimes)
happens when I do a verify of a source member. This is all quite annoying,
because of the following.

Recently, I have started a new job at a firm where WDSCi is not used at
the moment. I have been promoting WDSCi, and the head of the development
department is very interested. He has asked me to investigate what it
would take to start using WDSCi on a broader scale. "But", he told me,
"the product has to be stable. When the product crashes all of the time,
the productivity might be dropping instead of rising." I think this is a
reasonable demand. Therefore, I would like to solve the stability
problems. After having installed WSSD and WDSCi (version 5.1), I have
downloaded and installed all the updates. That is to say, when I now click
on New Updates, I get a message that "there are no new updates for the
instaled features". Therefore, I assume that I am 'on level'.
Nevertheless, the problems described above still keep occuring.

I have read about version 5.1.2. Is this version more stable than version
5.1.0.3, which I seem to be using now? How can I get a copy of this new
version 5.1.2?

I hope the problems related to the overall stability can be solved in some
way, and I hope someone can get me on the right track.

Ewout