> From: Jim Essinger
>
> Hello - I'll try this again.
>
> I had to reinstall WDSC so that the Designer program would work.  The
> reinstall seemed to fix the Designer problem, but after the install
from
> DVD, I went to try the upgrades/fixes, and it tells me there is no
> upgrades/fixes to do.

Jim, I had a ton of problems with WDSC upgrades and kept getting error
message similar to yours.  I got completely frustrated, and then I went
to the virtual innovation center (the VIC):

http://www.virtualinnovationcenter.com

This is a fairly new site, run by an IBM partner, that is devoted to
helping answer just the sorts of problems you are describing.  This
service is supposed to be available to anybody; I got my password
through the old Express Enablement Program, but the nice folks at the
VIC assure me any iSeries customer can get access.

These guys really helped.  IBM kept saying "uninstall and reinstall" but
I kept my foot down and so did the VIC, until finally IBM asked enough
questions to see that I had an old directory on my drive that never got
cleared during an uninstall.  I deleted the directory and all was fine.

Moral of the story?  The VIC may succeed where others fail.  I actually
wrote this up, and it will be in my MCPress Online column Monday.

Joe