AFAIK, those preferences are from Eclipse and would only apply to files
within your workspace, such as when looking at local files using the
Navigator view.

It is conceivable that they could make RSE look at those preferences, but
it sounds like they haven't.  I could not find anywhere where RSE has its
own preferences.  If you think about it, it kind of makes sense, because
tools like Code Designer go get the source themselves, where as other
tools would have to be pointed to a local file that RSE downloaded.  It
would probably be somewhat difficult to do this without hardcoding it.
Ideally, RSE would have its own preferences about the tools it knows
about.

Mark