From: "Mike Tuckman" <Mike.Tuckman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Thursday, May 27, 2004 7:36 PM
Subject: [WDSCI-L] Websphere Performance

> I was hoping that someone will be able to offer a suggestion or two to
help
> with the performance of our WebSphere servers...
>
> We have a very very nice 870, on which we are barely running a couple of
> WebSphere servers.  We are attempting to host some WebFaced apps, but even
> the basic pure web apps are performing truly poorly.  Just bringing up the
> admin pages is a painful process sometimes.
>
> Here are a couple of snapshots of our setup:  Any suggestions would be
> appreciated!!!
>
>                             Work with System Status
>                                                              05/27/04
> 14:18:11
>  % CPU used . . . . . . . :       52.9    Auxiliary storage:
>  % DB capability  . . . . :       45.1      System ASP . . . . . . :
> 776.2 G
>  Elapsed time . . . . . . :   00:00:11      % system ASP used  . . :
> 88.6617
>  Jobs in system . . . . . :      20538      Total  . . . . . . . . :
> 776.2 G
>  % perm addresses . . . . :       .065      Current unprotect used :
> 24831 M
>  % temp addresses . . . . :      1.609      Maximum unprotect  . . :
> 25552 M
>  Type changes (if allowed), press Enter.
>  System    Pool    Reserved    Max   -----DB-----  ---Non-DB---
>   Pool   Size (M)  Size (M)  Active  Fault  Pages  Fault  Pages
>     1     1500.19    568.26   +++++     .0     .0   15.7   16.2
>     2     2100.17      1.08     218  107.8  557.3  400.3   1172
>     3      112.63       .00      25     .0     .0     .0     .0
>     4     7550.98       .01     508    9.9   55.1   31.5   81.8
>
> Bottom
>  Command
>  ===>
>  F3=Exit   F4=Prompt           F5=Refresh   F9=Retrieve   F10=Restart
>  F11=Display transition data   F12=Cancel   F24=More keys
>

>                             Work with System Status
> CAPM01
>                                                              05/27/04
> 14:18:11
>  % CPU used . . . . . . . :       52.9    Auxiliary storage:
>  % DB capability  . . . . :       45.1      System ASP . . . . . . :
> 776.2 G
>  Elapsed time . . . . . . :   00:00:11      % system ASP used  . . :
> 88.6617
>  Jobs in system . . . . . :      20538      Total  . . . . . . . . :
> 776.2 G
>  % perm addresses . . . . :       .065      Current unprotect used :
> 24831 M
>  % temp addresses . . . . :      1.609      Maximum unprotect  . . :
> 25552 M
>  Type changes (if allowed), press Enter.
>  System    Pool    Reserved    Max   -----DB-----  ---Non-DB---
>   Pool   Size (M)  Size (M)  Active  Fault  Pages  Fault  Pages
>     1     1500.19    568.26   +++++     .0     .0   15.7   16.2
>     2     2100.17      1.08     218  107.8  557.3  400.3   1172
> [...]

This e-mail has been sent by a company of Bertram Group Ltd, whose registered
office is 1 Broadland Business Park, Norwich, NR7 0WG.
This message, and any attachments, are intended solely for the addressee and
may contain privileged or confidential information.  If you are not the
If you believe that you have received this email in error, please contact the
sender immediately. Opinions, conclusions and statements of intent in this
e-mail are those of the sender and will not bind a Bertram Group Ltd company
unless confirmed in writing by a director independently of this message.
Although we have taken steps to ensure that this email and any attachments are
free from any virus, we advise that in keeping with good computing practice the
recipient should ensure they are actually virus free.