Jim,

You have to configure a build style because in the architecture of iSeries
Projects it is the build style that has the responsibility of providing
the code and actions to push the code back to the server.  You could just
define a no-op command in the build style like DSPLIBL *PRINT if you do
not want to do anything.  Or you could also just use the Push options and
not the Submit Compile option in which case it would not run the command
anyway.

The idea behind the command was that you would plugin in a call to this CL
build program you say you have and be able to run it as part of the
process.  If you write your program properly, it can even automatically
pull back the results after the build completes.

Mark