From: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Vern Hamberg
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2004 4:36 PM
To: Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
Subject: RE: [WDSCI-L] How to update COBOL outline

Jon

I know that there is the CVTRPGSRC command (and Linoma's follow-on) that
can convert any RPG III to ILE. There is almost nothing, other than
learning curve, that keeps you from converting as you make alterations, and
run in ILE with basically existing code. Is there an equivalent for COBOL?
Can the source type be changed, and you're done, as you can do with RPG36 -
or is it RPG38? Just change the source type to CBLLE, recompile, and you're
done? My ignorance is probably obvious.

Vern