Gregg,
   Do you have the option of refresh cache on? If you do, then every time
it encounters /COPY it will download the member from the host and update
your local cache. This may take a while if you have lots of /COPY as you
indicated. Try to verify the program and see if that works.
You may be having problems with the local cache - if you can, delete the
cache and retry.

Regards,
Nazmin Haji
Eclipse iSeries Tooling Development
D1/140/8200/MKM
Phone: (905)413-3355,  (T/L) 969-3355
Fax: (905)413-4850
Email and Same Time Connect:  haji@xxxxxxxxxx

             "Gregg Willow"
             <gregg.willow@mci
             s.cog.mn.us>                                               To
             Sent by:                  "Websphere Development Studio
             wdsci-l-bounces@m         Client for iSeries"
             idrange.com               <wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             01/29/2004 11:26                                      Subject
             AM                        [WDSCI-L] Updating Outline

             Please respond to
                 Websphere
                Development
             Studio Client for
                  iSeries

I have been having trouble updating the outline on a relatively large RPG
program. This member does use a lot of /COPY's, service programs and
modules. The member was able to update the outline yesterday morning in
less than 2 minutes. I have no problems updating a similar member.

I had ended RSE and deleted the .xml for the member and restarted. The
outline window indicated to refresh and I get the same response...it just
processes and processes. It's hanging up somehow. Anyone have any ideas?

Best regards,

Gregg Willow
Programmer/Analyst
Minnesota Counties Information Systems