> From: Mark Phippard
>
> All of WDSC is plugins, it doesn't matter who they come from.  When
you
> installed those updates, you installed new plugins.

I understand that Mark, I was just going by the APAR, which specifically
said third party plug-ins.  My fault for believing what I read <grin>.

> 4)  When plugins are installed outside the Install/Update perspective,
> when you first startup Eclipse detects the new plugins and validates
> the configuration.  It does not allow you to add the new plugins if
> the current or new configuration is invalid.
>
> 5)  The configuration of plugins is workspace dependent.  So when you
do
> Install/Update from one, they are not added to the configuration of
the
> others until you startup one of those workspaces and confirm the
updates.
> Because of #4, this is where you run into problems.

What you're saying is that when you upgrade one workspace, it doesn't
touch the other workspaces until you attempt to open them.  This makes
sense, since otherwise the tool would have to have a master list of
workspaces, which it obviously does not have.

You're also implying that you can run a workspace at a backlevel
forever.  It also means that you have to keep around all the old
versions of the packages forever, but that's a different issue for a
different day.

Normally, when a workspace comes up, it checks for updates and if
updates are found it attempts to apply them to itself.  If there are
errors in the configuration, it will not update.  My major concern right
now that the error goes away after the first time I open the workspace,
and now I have no way to update the workspace.

> 6)  You did not get the problem in your first workspace because of #3
and
> because the Interim Fix 003 installed a newer version of the LPEX
feature
> that fixes the configuration.
>
> The workaround in the APAR should work for you, although it is
possible it
> will not work in that one workspace you started that had the original
> problem.  I think it might though.

Okay, I have several workspaces that are now at what is effectively a
back-level.  The plug-in details list shows version 1.4.1 of the LPEX
editor.  However, update Manager shows no available updates.

My primary workspace shows LPEX at 1.4.3.  This one is probably at
Interim 003.  Questions:

1. What's the best way to tell exactly what level I am at?
2. Can I force a workspace to update itself to the level of another
workspace, or to the latest version?

Joe