Hi Phil,

I will try to look into the RSE errors that you are getting, but another
suggestion
is to use 'Debug iSeries job' option instead of using 'Debug Interactive
Application'.

This way, you get to select a specific iSeries job that you would like to
debug. It could
be either interactive 5250 job or a batch job - doesn't matter.
In fact, you can use 'iSeries Jobs' subsystem in the RSE to select a
specific job. This
will not require an STRRSESVR command, but you will be asked to start your
program
on the iSeries host.

Regards,
Vadim.

                      phillip.groschwit

                      z@xxxxxxxxx              To:       wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      wdsci-l-bounces@m        Subject:  [WDSCI-L] debugger

                      idrange.com

                      11/06/2003 11:45

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

A few of us are starting to use the debugger, and sometimes run into some
problems.  Can anyone tell me what to do about this:

STRRSESVR gives msg RSE2003 - CONNECTION DEFINED FOR DIFFERENT HOSTNAME.

I double checked that the host name defined in wdsc uses the correct IP
address, and in RSE I can access source on the as400.  But using that same
hostname in STRRSESVR ends in RSE2003.

Somewhat related, sometimes (but not usually) the RSE dtaq's are created in
QGPL.  Most times they're created in the programmer's current library.  Is
that a problem?

Thanks for the help,

Phil