Thanks Mark!  I thought I had searched through all the views but I guess I
skipped over the "Basic".  I hit the refresh in the Outline view but it
took about 3 minutes as you had warned about having many F-specs.  This is
a fairly large program anyway.  I was able to get the list of subroutines
and double-click them to get there.  I decided to try that code completion
you were talking about.  I tried typing part of a field name in a file (+
waiting) on an EVAL (even a standalone field) and nothing happened.  I
tried a CHAIN on a file in the list and nothing happened.  I can
double-click a field in the list and it takes me to the F-spec.  I can see
the fields, record formats, etc in a list, so that helps with code
completion.  Is this what you meant by code completion?  Do I need another
setting?  I agree that they should cache this and speed it up.  Especially
when the times we would probably use the Outline view the most for
subroutine lists are when the programs are huge.

Craig Strong

<snip>
If you have the outline view populated, then you get very
nice code completion in the editor on everything.  Such as field name
completions on an EVAL or file/format names on a CHAIN.  For fields, it
even tells you the type and length.
<end-snip>

** Mark wrote:
Are you asking how do you "get" the Outline view?  If it is not already
open just do Window -> Show View -> Other.  The Outline view is under the
"Basic" grouping.

When you are editing an RPGLE you can then click the "Refresh" button on
the Outline view to populate it and get the features I mentioned.

Be aware of the following:

1)  There are some things that cause it to crash your WDSC.  Such as
having a member with an H-spec of OPTION(*SRCSTMT).

2)  It can be slow if you have a lot of F-specs.  It runs at about the
same speed as the program verifier.

Other than that it is great.

Mark