Was there ever an answer on using the cache for the outline view?  I am
trying to find a way to view only subroutines (also possibly comments, etc)
in LPEX similar to CODE and navigate to them with a click and then expand
again.  I did a search on this list and this post was what I found.  How do
you get to the Outline view?  I think this is what I want.  It looks like I
would also be able to use this for code completion on everything.  The %BIF
suggestions are nice.

Thanks,
Craig Strong

** Mark wrote:
The LPEX editor used for editing RPG in WDSC 5 has code completion support
like Java does.  For example, if you start typing a %BIF in an EVAL
expression it will pop-up suggestions, as Java might for the methods on a
class.

There is also a new Outline view (or rather they populate the existing
Eclipse Outline view).  With RPG source open hit refresh on the outline
view and it will pull in a list of all files, fields, indicators,
subroutines, procedures etc. used in the code.  Clicking on an item takes
you to that spot in the source code.

I had always noticed these two features, but not until today did I put
them together.  If you have the outline view populated, then you get very
nice code completion in the editor on everything.  Such as field name
completions on an EVAL or file/format names on a CHAIN.  For fields, it
even tells you the type and length.

Very nice!

This all leads to a question.  Is there anything in the documentation that
describes how to proactively use the cache that is used by the program
verifier (and I presume the outline view).  For example, can I manually
prime my cache with file descriptions so that I can use these cool
features without incurring the overhead of resolving all of the references
each time?  I have poked around and do not see it mentioned anywhere.

Thanks

Mark