A quote from the FRED, "At this point all of CODE function is being ported
into the Remote System Explorer and the LPEX parsers.  This item will be
considered for the RSE in a future release."
I see this on all my FRED requests with them marked as suggestions except
the "RPG Smart Enter Temporary Toggle" request.  Basically, it allows
pressing Ctrl+Enter to skip the Smart Enter temporarily (insert blank
line).  No response on this one.  What is interesting is that the same
functionality I created a macro for in CODE/400 processes the same in LPEX.
I decided to use Ctrl+Enter to skip the Smart Enter and LPEX already does
this.  Either they looked at my macro or request or we were thinking the
same.  By the above comment, it seems that IBM will only enhance LPEX.
Therefore, if you want the Ctrl+Enter to skip RPG Smart Enter temporarily
in CODE, you must use a macro.
Thanks Mark!  I guess I hadn't used the LPEX in awhile but the
functionality is there.  I think you were the one who directed me to the
FRED database in June and where I found an IBM post about that database.
See my WDSCI post on 6/23 subject "Frequent Request Database".  I think you
were also the one who voted for 2 of my requests.  Thanks again!

Craig Strong

** Mark wrote:
Craig,

I do not know everything your Smart Enter macro does, but have you looked
at what you can control about this in the LPEX preferences?  It does
everything that the Smart Enter macro I had written for myself years ago
does.

The preferences are under Remote Systems -> iSeries -> LPEX Editor Parsers
-> ILE RPG

Then look for Enter key behavior.

Also Eric Simpson wrote an article that shows a sample "macro" for
inserting a subroutine.

http://www.eservercomputing.com/iseries/articles/index.asp?id=633

All that being said, I still agree with you and hope they do something to
either support the REXX macros or add even more customization of the
behavior via the preferences.

Mark