Vern,

I think a key difference is that you have a lot of happy users of your
product.  I know because we use it.  The only time we ever need or want
something new from you is when we need a new version for compatability
with something like V5R2.  With WDSC, I think it is a different story.
Many of us want to use the product but run into a number of discouraging
problems that make it difficult.  If we felt fixes were possible and
forthcoming it would ease that problem.

Two comments on the fix issue.

1)  No one would be forcing anyone to install the quick fixes, you could
always wait for the tested service packs.

2)  My new bug scenario was just a "hypothetical problem".  Hopefully,
most of the time fixes would be just that -- fixes.

Mark

Vern Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
08/07/2003 03:53 PM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries