Hi,

one more question on this one:

When you have two boxes, one where the AppServer runs and one where your
RPG code lives. Requests from a browser will
be made to the AppServer and then (internally) dispatched to the RPG box.
Are the requests to the appServer in batch mode and
only the Backend RPG box handle the requests in interactive mode?

At the moment i am facing some performance problems with this whole
webfacing v4 (personally i would rewrite this stuff in completely in
java, but this is another story), but at the moment i dont know why the web
requests are slower than green screen transactions.
The box where the appServer runs is quite ok and has plenty of power (batch
power of course).

regards

Marc Logemann - SPIRIT/21 AG
Senior Ebusiness Consultant
Robert-Bosch-Str. 14 - 40668 Meerbusch
Tel. 02150 - 7090 - 34  Fax 02150 - 7090 - 41

                      "Phil Coulthard"

                      <coulthar@xxxxxxx        An:       WDSCI-L@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      com>                     Kopie:

                      Gesendet von:            Thema:    Fw: [WDSCI-L] WDSc 5.0
and appServer
                      wdsci-l-bounces@x

                      idrange.com

                      25.07.2003 14:18

                      Bitte antworten

                      an Websphere

                      Development

                      Studio Client for

                      iSeries

Marco, a WebFaced application requires interactive cycles on all iSeries
boxes sold before January 2003.  On the new 800-series servers announced
and GA'd in January 2003, a WebFaced application runs in batch mode.

Phil Coulthard, STSM, iSeries AD,  IBM Canada Ltd. coulthar@xxxxxxxxxxx
905-413-4076, t/l 969-4076

----- Forwarded by Phil Coulthard/Toronto/IBM on 07/25/2003 08:16 AM -----
|         |           Marco Facchinetti|
|         |           <facchinetti@xxxx|
|         |           o.com>           |
|         |           wdsci-l-bounces@x|
|         |           idrange.com      |
|         |           07/25/2003 07:51 |
|         |           Websphere        |
|         |           Development      |
|         |           Studio Client for|
|         |           iSeries          |

<wdsci-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>                                  |
  |       cc:
|
  |       Subject:  Re: Fw: [WDSCI-L] WDSc 5.0 and appServer

Can you (please) elaborate?