Mark,

I could not leave the schema blank or it fails.  After I entered a library, I
got

Executing Request [SELECT * FROM ZNICOLAYP.QSOURCES]
Error occured: java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0901] SQL system error.
java.sql.SQLException: [SQL0901] SQL system error.
        at com.ibm.as400.access.JDError.throwSQLException(JDError.java:388)

... when trying to connect.

Kind regards,
Paul

PS. Also an Oracle one which initially connects fine blows whenever I click on
a listed table.  Guess I'll keep on using TOAD for now.