Joe,

If your code is stable, then a one-time step to JAR it up is hardly a
heartache.

Personally, I do not believe that JAR files speed the JIT or class loading
process all that much, especially for web applications where you have a
lot of small loosley related classes.  It certainly helps for things like
JT400 or Struts where a large chunk of related code can all get loaded at
once.  But I think for some general servlet code the difference is likely
negligible.  The problem with WebFacing is the sheer volume of classes and
JSP's that have to be loaded.

Mark

"Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: wdsci-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/20/2003 09:29 AM
Please respond to Websphere Development Studio Client for iSeries