[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

More...

I just clicked close on Properties.  Got the message that the library list
will not be changed until I restart the daemon.  Would I like to restart it?
I click yes to restart it.

I get a error box EVF4003E "Unable to start the daemon.  A TCP/IP error
occurred - Unknown error."

I click OK.  Error box  reappears.  I click OK. Error box  reappears.
Repeat...

The only way I can get out is to right click the daemon and click close.  It
goes away and so does the error box.

I restart the daemon and click properties. My SAML server is again missing and
so is the library list. Check PTFs still results in an empty list.

Here's some stuff from the error log, including an XML error:

evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:25:34 2002 ** Error logging begins **
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:25:34 2002 evfCons.java:[Fatal Error] The root
element is required in a well-formed document.
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:25:34 2002
evfCons.java:loadAndParseLibraryXML:Unexpected error.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The root element is required in a well-formed
document.
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:27:12 2002 DownloadBlock:QUSRUSAT: Request
cancelled: CPF9801
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:27:12 2002 CPF2105 Object VDEGETFINF in QGPL type
*USRSPC not found.
evfctcpd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:37:11 2002 *** Error logging ends ***
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:37:11 2002 *** Error logging ends ***
evfctcpd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:43:45 2002 ** Error logging begins **
evfctcpd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:43:45 2002 CPF2105 Object STRCODE in QGPL type
*USRSPC not found.
evfctcpd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:43:45 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system call
is too small to hold return data.
evfctcpd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:43:45 2002 Translation failed with error number 0
in position 0.
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:44:46 2002 ** Error logging begins **
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:44:46 2002 DownloadBlock:QUSRUSAT: Request
cancelled: CPF9801
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:44:46 2002 CPF2105 Object VDEGETFINF in QGPL type
*USRSPC not found.
evfcsvrd.exe Fri Nov 15 09:45:39 2002 *** Error logging ends ***

Sam
> [...]
>
>WDSc 4.0, SP3 applied. Win XP, 1.8 ghz P4 with 256 mb memory. OS V5R1.
>
>Sam
> >From: "Samuel J Lennon"
> >To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
> >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Lost Server Definition
> >Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:58:13 -0500
> >
> >[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
> >
> >The saga continues. This morning my SAML server was again missing.
> >
> >The added wrinkle is that Communication Deamon/Properties is extremely
> >sluggish when staring and finishing. Task Manager shows EVFCSVRD.EXE using
> >99% of the CPU for up to 90 seconds before it displays.
> >
> >When I click OK without making any changes it takes 30 seconds of 99% CPU
> >usage before it vanishes.
> >
> >I thought maybe it was having problems connecting with the AS/400, er,
> >iSeries, but I clicked Check PTFs and that ran quickly.
> >
> >I also checked the error log. This is all there is for today:
> >
> >evfctcpd.exe Wed Nov 13 14:01:21 2002 Translation failed with error number
0
> >in position 0.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 ** Error logging begins **
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPF2103 Library SHRDTA already exists
>in
> >library list.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPF2103 Library LENNON$S already
exists
> >in library list.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system
call
> >is too small to hold return data.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 Translation failed with error number
0
> >in position 0.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system
call
> >is too small to hold return data.
> >evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 Translation failed with error number
0
> >in position 0.
> >
> >WDSc 4.0, SP3 applied. Win XP, 1.8 ghz P4 with 256 mb memory. OS
> >
> >Sam
> > >From: "Samuel J Lennon"
> > >To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
> > >CC: yantzi@ca.ibm.com
> > >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Lost Server Definition
> > >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:49:58 -0500
> > >
> > >[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
> > >
> > >I downloaded SP3 on Monday but didn't install.
> > >
> > >On Tuesday morning my SAML server had again vanished--that was 3 days in
> > >row. So I installed SP3.
> > >
> > >This morning my SAML server has again vanished.
> > >
> > >In the Communications Properties display, on the left I have Server
>Settings
> > >and under this CODE Server List and BRONZE. BRONZE is my development box.
> > >
> > >If I click BRONZE, on the right I get a display of Server Information. In
>the
> > >top box, AS/400 Name or IP Address, is BRONZE.
> > >
> > >In the box below, CODE/400 Server name, is BRONZE. This should be SAML.
If