[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]

Here's this morning's findings:

My SAML server is missing again.  A server that RSE generated has aslo
vanished.

Communications/Properties is still taking an enormous amount of time.

I rebooted and didn't start any applications, other than what start
automatically, which includes the Communications Daemon.

I right clicked the daemon and clicked properties.

In AS/400 IP Address I have Bronze, in Code/400 server name I have Bronze.

I click Check PTFs.  It comes back no entries in the Number/Product/Apar
windown.

I change Code/400 Server name to SAML and click change.  Check PTFs is now
grayed out.

In the left pane I click Code Server List, then click on Bronze.  Now I can
click Check PTFs.  It comes back with seven entries listed and checked.

I click OK, and Properties goes away immediately. (This is an improvement.)

I right click the daemon and click propeties.  I get a message that the
library list change won't be made until I restart the server.  Last time I
changed the library list was, I think, yesterday.  Not sure what is going on
here.

Up comes Properties and I click on Bronze.  Code/400 server name is SAML.  I
click check PTFs.  After a minute or so I get the empty Number/Product/APAR
list. Odd.

I click  Library List.  My library list has gone!  This is not progress.

I'm going back to a STRCODE server.

WDSc 4.0, SP3 applied. Win XP, 1.8 ghz P4 with 256 mb memory. OS V5R1.

Sam
>From: "Samuel J Lennon"
>To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
>Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Lost Server Definition
>Date: Thu, 14 Nov 2002 08:58:13 -0500
>
>[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
>
>The saga continues. This morning my SAML server was again missing.
>
>The added wrinkle is that Communication Deamon/Properties is extremely
>sluggish when staring and finishing. Task Manager shows EVFCSVRD.EXE using
>99% of the CPU for up to 90 seconds before it displays.
>
>When I click OK without making any changes it takes 30 seconds of 99% CPU
>usage before it vanishes.
>
>I thought maybe it was having problems connecting with the AS/400, er,
>iSeries, but I clicked Check PTFs and that ran quickly.
>
>I also checked the error log. This is all there is for today:
>
>evfctcpd.exe Wed Nov 13 14:01:21 2002 Translation failed with error number 0
>in position 0.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 ** Error logging begins **
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPF2103 Library SHRDTA already exists
in
>library list.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPF2103 Library LENNON$S already exists
>in library list.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system call
>is too small to hold return data.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 Translation failed with error number 0
>in position 0.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 CPXL: A buffer passed to a system call
>is too small to hold return data.
>evfctcpd.exe Thu Nov 14 08:41:29 2002 Translation failed with error number 0
>in position 0.
>
>WDSc 4.0, SP3 applied. Win XP, 1.8 ghz P4 with 256 mb memory. OS
>
>Sam
> >From: "Samuel J Lennon"
> >To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
> >CC: yantzi@ca.ibm.com
> >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Lost Server Definition
> >Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 08:49:58 -0500
> >
> >[ Converted text/html to text/plain ]
> >
> >I downloaded SP3 on Monday but didn't install.
> >
> >On Tuesday morning my SAML server had again vanished--that was 3 days in a
> >row. So I installed SP3.
> >
> >This morning my SAML server has again vanished.
> >
> >In the Communications Properties display, on the left I have Server
Settings
> >and under this CODE Server List and BRONZE. BRONZE is my development box.
> >
> >If I click BRONZE, on the right I get a display of Server Information. In
the
> >top box, AS/400 Name or IP Address, is BRONZE.
> >
> >In the box below, CODE/400 Server name, is BRONZE. This should be SAML. If
> >change this to SAML, everything works fine because it picks up the library
> >list I have set for the SAML server.
> >
> >But why does it revert to BRONZE each morning? Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> >Sam
> > >From: yantzi@ca.ibm.com
> > >To: wdsci-l@midrange.com
> > >Subject: Re: [WDSCI-L] Lost Server Definition
> > >Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 17:55:48 -0500
> > >
> > >Sam,
> > >
> > >We believe that this problem is fixed in service pack 3 for WDSc
(released
> > >on Friday.) Since we have not been able to reproduce the problem yet we
> > >cannot be 100% sure. Please apply the service pack and let us know if you
> > >still have this problem.
> > >
> > >To download SP3:
> > >
> > >Go to: http://www-3.ibm.com/software/ad/iseries/
> > >Select WebSphere Development Studio Client for iSeries
> > >Click on Download (left hand side)
> > >SP3 should be the first item listed.
> > >
> > >Thanks.
> > >
> > >Don Yantzi

MSN 8 helps ELIMINATE E-MAIL VIRUSES. [1] Get 2 months FREE*.