Matt I don't believe you get any response data from STRPCCMD do you ?

We have customers doing this using our iSeries Office Integrator product where they can call a program and receive response data back from the command call.

If you can't purchase a product to help, I would recommend a REST approach over calling an EXE directly as I described in my other post.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
Where Information Meets Innovation
Document Management, Workflow, Report Delivery, Forms and Business Intelligence
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 736-5800
Fax: (952) 736-5801
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 1
date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 15:01:07 +0000
from: Matt Olson <Matt.Olson@xxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: [SystemiDotNet] Can we pass parameter from CL orRPGLE
tocall a .Net program on a windows server?

Yes you can pass parameters to a .exe, we do that today at our shop to bridge the gap between 5250 sessions and web applications. The .exe just needs to support the input of parameters (which is easy to do in Main() part of the .NET exe).

Example .NET program with input parameters:

static void Main(string[] args)
{
if (args.Length != 0)
{
foreach (string s in args)
{
if (s.ToUpper().Contains("/K="))
{
// do something with the K switch
}
if (s.ToUpper().Contains("/P="))
{
// do something with the P Switch
}
}
}

On the AS400 side of things it looks like this:

D IECMD C 'STRPCCMD PCCMD(''\\server\-
D myexe.exe \ARRTLaunch /K=CallLog /P=-
D '
D IEEND S 3 INZ(''')')