I am transferring about 350 records (with some data collection) from a MS
SQL Server to the iSeries for processing. I feel the process is too slow
(imagine that), and takes about a minute or so. I am doing all of the MS SQL
stuff in LINQ2SQL. Here is the basics of what I am doing currently:

1. Collect all of the vehicle master data to process one-at-a-time.
2. SUM() Fuel usage by vehicle
3. SUM() Oil usage by vehicle
4. SUM() Parts used by vehicle
5. SUM() Labor by vehicle
6. SUM() Outside Repairs by vehicle
7. SUM() Accident Costs by vehicle

I realize this is a lot of queries, but most of these are from different
tables in the MS SQL Server. All of these require at lease one join. I am
thinking of joining Oil and Parts in to one query and Outside Repairs and
Accident Costs into one query since both of those are stored in the same
tables and see if that improves performance any.

Do you have any other suggestions?

P.S. Note that this is a vendor delivered product and I would prefer to not
create any stored procedures or views (which is basically none) that aren't
already in the database.

--
Mike Wills
http://mikewills.info