We upgraded from 3.5.1 to Aurora 1.2 two years ago while we were on an 810 at the time. I don't have any firm statistics, but the AS/400 and response time seemed pretty much the same after the upgrade. If I recall correctly, our DASD did go up slightly, but I don't have any firm numbers.

We only ran Aurora on the 810 for a few months before upgrading to a System i 520. We lease our AS/400 and upgrade to a new one every three years when the lease is up, so the machine upgrade was not related to the performance of Aurora.

---- Randy Stratton <rstratton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

=============
Alsons went to Aurora on an 820 machine in September of 2006. The 820 ran
okay with this upgrade (no difference in performance from 3.5.2SP3),
however we made a decision in early 2007 that we needed to upgrade to a 525
model because the 820 would not support the next release of the O/S. With
the pricing on the 525 and savings in the O/S maintenance costs and the
hardware maintenance cost savings, we were able to cost justify the
purchase of the new 525 with a 3.5 year pay back.

If you would like to discuss this further, please e-mail me off line or
call. Thanks.

Randy Stratton
Director IS
Alsons Corporation