I find it interesting to note that in 2000 a preptf program (CHG998) was
introduced to reset the field LUSR04 on MSP04 to blanks.

  The note in that preptf program said:
  "Initialise LUSR04 on MSP04 -  the Item master file, as
  this field is now to be used for Alpha Numeric Revision
  Levels..."

  This is part of the Change Management enhancements Studley made to the
standard package.

  I think Glenn is spot on.

  STRSQL
  update MSP04 set LUSR04 = '          '

and be done with it.

  I suspect that you are behind on PTFs to the point where you never actually
loaded and ran this preptf program so you never blanked out that field in that
file. In the end, the report program probably should not even be reporting that
field as Last Changing user any longer either. That should probably be shown on
the report as the revision number. Predicated, of course, on your actually
being up to date with your PTFs.

  Regards

Bill.Geissinger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I have an interesting question for the group. I have a user who provided
me with a copy of a Item Master Report (Pgm ID on report - DB019). On
that report there is "Date Last Changed" & "by User" headings that display
a date and user-id. The user-id that appears on the report is for a
person who hasn't worked for our company since 2000. The user doesn't
have a AS/400 profile nor a user profile in JBA.

Why does the user's name show up on the report and is there a way I can
fix this in JBA?

Bill Geissinger
Programmer/Analyst - North America
Hutchinson Sealing Systems, Inc.
1060 Centre Road
Auburn Hills, MI 48326

248-375-3725 (Phone)
248-939-2996 (Cell)
248-920-0629 (Fax)

The information contained in this email, including attachments, is confidential
and may be legally privileged and protected from disclosure by the Electronic
Communication Act, 18 U.S.C. 2510-2521. It is intended solely for the
addressee(s), and if the reader is not the intended recipient, you are hereby
notified that any access, use, reproduction, disclosure or dissemination of
this communication by anyone is strictly prohibited. Any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on this email is prohibited and may be
unlawful. Neither Hutchinson Sealing Systems Inc., the Hutchinson Group nor any
of its subsidiaries shall assume legal liability or responsibility for any
incorrect, misleading or altered information contained herein. If you have
received this message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
replying to the email and deleting it from your computer.