What version of the software are you using?   I know 3.5.2 and previous are
different from Aurora.
We too have been leary of deleting items in the system for the same reasons
Kevin Listed and also used the STAT35 field, and used also used EEDT35
(Effectivity End Date), to "flag" items for deletion and to filter out of
queries and reports. We are now on Aurora.  Aurora doesn't use STAT35 or
EEDT35.  We are currently testing the options in Aurora to fulfill this
need and trying to determine what fields are used. I don't know of any way
to omit these items from showing on "canned" system processes.

Amy Harris

The ROHO Group
amyh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
1-800-851-3449, ext. 2013
1-618-277-0514

             "Kevin Potter"
             <KPotter@TheCrown
             Grp.com>                                                   To
             Sent by:                  "System 21 Users"
             system21-bounces@         <system21@xxxxxxxxxxxx>,
             midrange.com              <steven_fuller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc

             06/20/2005 10:03                                      Subject
             AM                        RE: Fw: [SYSTEM21]   Inactive Items

             Please respond to
              System 21 Users
             <system21@midrang
                  e.com>

We also use the "mark the item for deletion" as an active/inactive option
(STAT35 in INP35)  It will show up as blank or we set most of out reports
to not = to (1) to disclude all inactive items.  We are also leary of
deleting the items because the history tends to disappear.  Most of the
standard S21 reports do not have any option to include only those items
that are not flagged for deletion, so sometimes during a physical inventory
using count sheets or valuation reports you tend to get a report showing
every item that you have setup.

Would be interested in hearing if others have used diff approaches

Kevin Potter

The Crown Group