Kevin,
we have been through this and I have a program created.
If you would like to contact me I would be glad to share it with you.
Contact info below

Elizabeth Neeley
IS Manager - Gerstenslager
A Worthington Industries Company
Office: 330-202-6966
Cell: 330-465-4494

>>> KBrunk@xxxxxxxxxxxx 2/21/2005 2:07:58 PM >>>

Auditors! Again!

I'm trying to simplify the process of determining who has authority to
what and I'm writing a program that will essentially create a matrix by
Menu of menu options' text as rows and users authorized to them as
columns with an "X" (or some such indication) at the intersection to
signify a particular user is authorized to a particular menu option.  In
looking at the APG55PHY and APG30PHY files I've seen values that I'm not
sure what they mean.  Can anyone advise me?  My questions:

1.  In APG55PHY there are entries with "*" in FORO55 (function or
option) and "**" in MOPT55 (menu option).  I have verified that there is
never an entry with a "*" in FORO55 where there is not also a "**" in
MOPT55.  Given that these are at the menu/application/release/customer
code level, does the presence of such a record mean that regardless of
what records may or may not exist in APG30PHY, a user is authorized to
ALL the options on that particular menu?

2.  Similarly, in APG30PHY, there are entries with "****" in the FUNC55
value (task code).  Because this file is at the
application/release/customer code level, do these mean that the user is
authorized to ALL functions of that application/release/customer code
regardless of what menu the function might be on?  If not, what is the
meaning of this type of entry?

3.  Assuming FORO55 = "O", given a selected user (USER), menu (MENU),
menu option (MOPT), for an application (APPL) at a specific release
level (RLSL) and for a given customer code (CUSC), and knowing the task
(FUNC) associated with that menu option, is the logic to determine if
that user is authorized to that MENU/OPTION/APPL/RLSL/CUSC as follows:

    a.  fetch APG55PHY using USER,MENU,MOPT,APPL,RLSL,FUNC as a key.
    b.  if found: user is authorized.
    c.  else
    d.    fetch APG55L00 using
USER,MENU,FORO='*',MOPT='**',APPL,RLSL,FUNC as a key.
    e.    if found: user is authorized.
    f.    else
    g.       fetch APG30PHY using USER,APPL,RLSL,FUNC='****' as key.
    h.       if found: user is authorized.

For any help you can provide, TIA!

==Kevin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  The information transmitted in this message is
contain confidential and/or privileged material.  Any review,
retransmission, dissemination or other use of this information by
persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited.  If
you received this in error, please contact the sender and destroy all
copies of this document.  Thank you.
The Butler Company