1.  This is the way the system works -3 way match matches the invoice (1)
the receipt (2) and the P.O (3).  If you haven't received the goods and
you don't have the P.O. what is there to match to?  Yes its a pain if you
get through entering the invoice details and then find out that you don't
have the info to complete the process.

2.  If the discrepancy is normal and acceptable you can set up the
delimiter s on option 4 to accept a tolerance so that you can continue
processing.  If that isn't acceptable, can you not match the invoice to
the P.O. and add to the log whilst you sort out the anomaly?  I can
certainly understand your frustration with such large P.O.s  I guess it
depends on what kinds of issues you find.  3-way match can be a great deal
more efficient than the traditional match process but it does impose some
rules on you that you have to live by and sometimes does take some
adjustment.

3.  This can be achieved by entering that value in the 'add costs' field
and then take F10 to make the entry.

Not sure this helps you too much, but this is currently the way of things.

Richard

"Rose Clarke" <rclarke@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: system21-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
03/09/2004 11:24 AM