I would have thought that RSTDSP(*YES) would have done it...
Are you sure that something you changed did not cause the problem...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When I display the current settings for my copy (V3.5.1) these are the settings
I see...
(Must use 'CHGDSPF' to view current settings...)

                          Change Display File (CHGDSPF)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 File . . . . . . . . . . . . . . > MG230FT       Name, generic*, *ALL
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   OSLD3       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB, *ALL...
 Display device . . . . . . . . .   *REQUESTER    Name, *SAME, *NONE...
                + for more values
 Maximum devices  . . . . . . . .   1             1-256, *SAME
 Record format level check  . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
 Text 'description' . . . . . . . > 'Subcontractor WIP Shipper
       '

                            Additional Parameters

 Enhanced display . . . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
 Restore display  . . . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *NO, *YES
 Defer write  . . . . . . . . . .   *NO           *SAME, *YES, *NO
 Character identifier:
   Graphic character set  . . . .   *DEVD         Number, *SAME, *DEVD...
   Code page  . . . . . . . . . .                 Number
 Decimal format . . . . . . . . .   *FILE         *SAME, *FILE, *JOB
 SFLEND text  . . . . . . . . . .   *FILE         *SAME, *FILE, *MSG
 User specified DBCS data . . . .   *NO           *SAME, *NO, *YES
 DBCS extension characters  . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
 Maximum file wait time . . . . .   *IMMED        Seconds, *SAME, *IMMED, *CLS
 Maximum record wait time . . . .   *NOMAX        Seconds, *SAME, *NOMAX, *IMMED
 Data queue . . . . . . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Share open data path . . . . . .   *NO           *SAME, *NO, *YES

Hope that helps...

"Karl Brookover" <karl.brookover@ormet.com> on 07/23/2002 10:55:18 AM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com

  To:          jbausers-l@midrange.com

  cc:          KARL.BROOKOVER@ormet.com(bcc: Jeff
               Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      SYS21 -  Modifing MG230FT -  15/PCM
  :            Subcontractor WIP Shipper

  We are currently on JBA SYS/21 v3.5.1. I am trying to modify the original
MG230FT display to put some limits on quantity shipped. The limit is not a
problem. The problem is after I compile the display (in our test library) and
execute the program I lose the popup window (shipper details F05HED, F05SFL,
F05CTL). I even compiled the MG230 RPG program (in our test library) and put the
program in debug. I can see the program execute the instructions to build the
subfile in the CRTSUB subroutine and I can the instructions to write the popup
window. I think that I might not be compiling the display with the correct
options. It does state in the display to use
RSTDSP(*YES).  I have tried this, but I get the same results.

Thanks in advance for your consideration and help.