From: jbausers-l-admin@midrange.com
[mailto:jbausers-l-admin@midrange.com] On Behalf Of Michael Berman
Sent: Thursday, March 07, 2002 12:15 PM
To: jbausers-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: SYS21 - Sys21 - General Ledger Reporting system

The problem with 3rd party products is that there is no business
intelligence.  This means you have to have a good understanding of the
files and their relationships or get someone to build it in for you.
Active Reporter, IQ Object & Corvu from GEAC have it supplied.

Win200 didnt like my laptop.  There were no sound drivers or modem
drivers available.  3 steps forward 2 steps back.

GEAC Readers... Do I get any commission?  Am I infringing on the rules
of the group?  Is my humour getting bad?

Regards

Michael

Original message from: "Greg Wieczorek" <wieczog@versifit.com>

>There are a number of business intelligence offerings with a similar
>capability, Brio and Business Objects (no relation to Objects that
JBA once
>sold) are two that come to mind. I have also heard that Hyperion is
well
>suited to producing financial reports.
>Greg

server
>> automatically run / distribute your financial / GL reports
overnight.  The
>> reports can be emailed, faxed, printed, or just saved to a server
for
>later
>> access.  The beauty of Crystal Enterprise is that NO client
software is
>> required and folks can access reports via a browser VIA any
internet or
>> intranet connection.  Setup is minimal once you have financial / GL
>reports
>> written...
>>
>> Please contact me offline for further information.
>>
>> Joseph H. Savage Jr
>> Technical Manager
>> jsavage@infoalt.com
>> office: 513-793-2929 x218 or 800-513-9194
>> fax: 513-936-4040
>> wireless: 513-604-4620
>> www.infoalt.com
>> "Prill, Steve" <sprill@rexairinc.com>
>> Sent by: jbausers-l-admin@midrange.com
>> 03/06/2002 07:15 AM
>> Please respond to jbausers-l
>> To: jbausers-l@midrange.com
>> cc:
>> bcc: Joe Savage/CIN/IAI
>> Subject: RE: SYS21 - Sys21 - General Ledger Reporting system
>>
>> Michael,
>> What do you mean by "if you can get it working" when referring to
Active