Page 534 of the REDBOOK (http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/ ...search for GEAC - the
file you can download is called - sg245967.pdf -  Geac System 21 Implementation
for AS/400, SG24-5967-00 Redbook, published September-22-2000) shows a suggested
schedule for Machine Manager...  Some of what I think you're looking for can be
found there...  I am not aware of any comprehensive documentation that includes
every clean-up routine or procedure that you need to follow to keep the files in
System Manager purged, etc...

When adding a new entry in Machine Manager there is a function key F10=Standard
jobs that shows a list of "canned" entries you can select from if you wish to...
Among those you will find a different list in Day Start vs Day End...
You should be running Application Manager Day End and Common Functions Day End
at a minimum...
Both of these require that nobody be signed into the system and the background
jobs must be terminated as well...
Some shops may find it challenging to find a time where they can take down
QINTER for 15 or 20 minutes each night to perform these jobs, but they should
find the time at least once a week, minimum...  IMHO...

I think I have described before the benefits of running these two jobs so I
won't bother to repeat myself here...

Hth.

mslayton@ambrake.com on 02/27/2002 09:08:56 AM

Please respond to jbausers-l@midrange.com

  To:          jbausers-l@midrange.com

  cc:          (bcc: Jeff Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      SYS21 -  cleaning up error logs
  :

Is there a book or any information offered by GEAC/JBA that tells where
all t he clean up routines in machine manager are located and how to run
them?  Thanks,  Margaret