Ding! I get it now -- the PTF installer allows you to *specify* into which
libraries it will install. Then you create different library lists to
support the different environments. Am I getting it?

-----Original Message-----
From: mslayton@ambrake.com [mailto:mslayton@ambrake.com]
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2001 4:43 PM
To: jbausers-l@midrange.com
Subject: RE: JBA ML - Other-Worldly upgrade

We have our system 21 environment set up with one machine manager,
application manager, housekeeping, etc.  Then we have our production
libraries set up with OSLglf3 for production and TSTglf3 for our test
environment, etc.  When you put the new Service PACs on just override the
libraries to the "TST" environment and test there.  Then when you get ready
to go live, do not override the libraries.   Hope this helps.

                    "Johnson, Wayne"
                    <wjohnson@aetna-ind       To:
"'jbausers-l@midrange.com'"
                    .com>                      <jbausers-l@midrange.com>
                    Sent by:                  cc:
                    jbausers-l-admin@mi       Subject:     RE: JBA ML -
Other-Worldly upgrade
                    drange.com

                    11/09/01 04:36 PM
                    Please respond to
                    jbausers-l

As I understand it, data for all "environments" are stored in the same set
of AS/400 libraries and are differentiated by an environment identifier,
whereas worlds are an entirely separate set of libraries having no shared
components. Is that correct? If so, how are program changes applied to one
environment kept separate from the other environments?