The Transport Planning module allows you to calculate
the expected cost a carrier will bill you for delivery
of an SOP order, it won't invoice the customer.

If this is simply billing for parcel pickup and
delivery, you could set up different item codes
(non-stock) for deliveries to zone 1, zone 2 etc as I
guess it's the customer from where the parcel is being
collected who's billed, not the receipient (presumably
it's the recipient who's in whatever zone? - or do we
have to consider eg zone 2 pickup / zone 3 delivery is
a different rate again?). Quantity breaks (up to 10)
in the price list would represent the weight breaks,
but how is eg a parcel of 0.75kg billed - as a 1kg
package or 1.5 x 0.5kg rate?

It might be feasible to use to the order
acknowledgement or the 'picking note' as a collection
note and 'confirm despatch' ie invoice on return of
POD.

OR you could just use Manual Invoicing.

Hope this helps - or mail me with more detail.

Peter Joel
Saltway Ltd
+44 7884 306501