The file we're aware of that uses relative record numbers to process is
called PMPWC and it is a work file associated with 3-way matching...
The file should always be empty when not in use...  It stores RRNs of
transaction records in the PM module and sometimes it does not get cleared
for some reason...  We can only assume failed 3-way match sessions...  We
have a night job that reports any records found in the file and then clears
the work file...

If the work file never got cleared there is a slight possibility that if
for some reason you did reorg the transaction file and you attempted to
rematch the transactions you could get a false no-hit condition based on
the RRN of the record stored in the PMPWC work file...

That's the only place I'm aware of in JBA where the RRN is used in that
way...  There may be others...

Since we're clearing that file every night (when QINTER is ended) it is not
an issue for us any longer...

Do you have bogus records in your PMPWC file...???  Again there should only
be records in that file while users are running the 3-way match option...

PS - My Farenheight to Celcius conversion table tells me that you're
suffering in 72 degree (F) winter days...
You must have to really bundle up on those trips to the beach...   ;)
Have you ever seen/touched snow in person...!!!???

DAhKow@ibl.intnet.mu on 06/28/2001 08:05:13 AM

Please respond to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com