  • Subject: Drinks Product and DEX
  • From: "Trask, William" <WTrask@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2001 15:49:05 -0700

        We are a drinks distributor using JBA System 21 Drinks software. We
produce an average of 650 invoices per day, shipped on 125 routes.

        Most of the large Supermarkets and Convenience chains are using the
DEX system to upload invoice information to their home computers when
drivers deliver product. Within JBA we create orders via Virtual Coolers
(small laptops) and download the orders to JBA. After routing orders through
Transport Planning, we send delivery notes and invoices with drivers
(because we are a beer distributor, invoices are required by Arizona law at
time of delivery).

        What we would like to do is have JBA upload the invoice information
to Norand 6110 Handheld units that our drivers carry with them. These units
are capable of uploading invoices through DEX to the customer's home system,
as well as printing out our invoices. This would require holding the
completed order information from invoice print and uploading the invoice to
the Norand 6110 unit instead. We use the Route Reconciliation system, so
changing invoices before they are posted is not a problem.

        Does anyone have experience in uploading completed JBA orders to
Norand and then uploading Norand 6110 to DEX?