Thank you, Jim.  We will explore this possibility.
Thanks,
Joyce Fronk

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim_Hawkins@tsss.com [mailto:Jim_Hawkins@tsss.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2001 7:59 AM
To: JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com
Subject: RE: 3 way Match

We had a problem that we thought was related to a specific program.  The
user would be working along and would suddenly freeze up.  Someone else
would try to duplicate it--no problem, try on another PC--no problem.  Then
we learned of similar issues different users, different programs.  On a
long shot we moved some of the users from Client Access (3.2) to Client
Access Express and have not had a user on CA Express complain about this
issue yet!  We had called IBM and the tech we talked w/ was as stumped as
we were.  A few months after we began migrating users to Express we found a
CA service pack that addressed this issue.  Since  IBM ceases support of
all releases (OS and CA) prior to v4R4 at the end of May, I would explore
going to the Express client.
Hope this helps.

                    tkresky@sunflowermf

                    g.com                      To:
JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                   cc:

                    owner-jbausers-l@mi        Subject:     RE: 3 way Match

                    drange.com

                    04/11/01 04:48 PM

                    Please respond to

                    JBAUSERS-L

Joyce,

When you say "the system will lock up", what do you mean?  Is the screen
freezing up and you see nothing happening or is the program failing and
completely crashing out of invoice matching?

R. Tim Kresky, Controller
Sunflower Manufacturing Company
Beloit, Kansas

                    "Fronk, Joyce"
                    <jfronk@defianceprec        To:
JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com
                    ision.com>                  cc:
                    Sent by:                    Subject:     RE: 3 way
Match
                    owner-jbausers-l@mid
                    range.com

                    04/11/01 01:23 PM
                    Please respond to
                    JBAUSERS-L

Thank you for your response.
Unfortunately, these are not the circumstances that are causing our
crashes.
According to our a/p person, she has found that if she has other invoices
entered and then she has one that she needs to 'Maintain Advice Detail' on,
this is when the system will lock up.
Has anyone else had this problem??  Has this problem been fixed by a PTF
from Geac?
Thank you
Joyce Fronk
Defiance Precision Products