  • Subject: RE: ADVANCED Pricing
  • From: Dan Thomas <DThomas@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2001 12:56:40 -0500

Believe it or not, we made this mod to our system (v3.5.0) before we went
live on JBA.  We are now a 3rd Partly Logistics firm for Pharmaceutical
manufacturer's, but this mod originated from when we distributed business
forms.  In our case, we only needed one price per batch, not the full
complement of advanced pricing options.  We added fields to OEP84 to store
the price per batch.  To make this workable, we modified Advanced Order
Entry to automatically allocate batches during order entry and we split the
order line so that it only had a single batch per line.  This last sentence
sounds simple, but it was by far the hardest part and has many
complications.

We asked a lot of ERP software suppliers about pricing by batch/lot during
our search 4 years ago and no one proved to use they could do this, so we
had to make the mods ourselves.  This is the first time I've heard of anyone
else needing this capability in this manner (as opposed to catchweight type
pricing).

In our case we needed to be able to verify the price with the customer
during order entry.  If that was not a requirement, I would make the pricing
by batch routines part of the invoice printing process.  We've done this for
other special pricing requirements and it is much, much simpler than having
to mess with AOE.

Feel free to contact me directly to discuss this further.

Dan Thomas
Sr. VP Information Systems
MDI
4500 Progress Blvd.