First I would suggest you upgrade from 3.5.2i...
You could get January 2000 edition (There was a known security issue with
this version), and perhaps the June 1999 edition is still available...  I'm
holding out until the August 2000 edition becomes generally available (This
is supposed to fix that security bug among other things)...

We're running June 1999 edition now...

We had a similar issue using 3.5.2i when we upgraded our operating system
from V3R2M2 to V4R3M0 - Explorer would not work at all and required an
emergency patch that we had to scramble to get on the weekend...  Our JBA
project manager did a great job helping us get that patch and avert a
corporate wide catastrophe...  I still have that patch if you want a copy,
e-mail me privately at jaklipa@harvardind.com and I'll send it to you for a
test run...  the file is called Jvnnm1d.dll...

I wonder what version of the OS/400 you are using...???!!!

At any rate I would get online with Answer Link and order yourself a newer
copy of Explorer...

Believe me I know how much of a pain it is to upgrade all of the
desktops/laptops in our organization so I can understand why you have not
upgraded yet, but you'll probably have to bite the bullet now...

Good luck...

Randy Stratton <rstratton@alsons.com> on 12/13/2000 11:05:55 AM

Please respond to JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com

  To:          "'JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com'"
               <JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>

  cc:          (bcc: Jeff Klipa/Harvard)

  Subject      JBA Explorer
  :

Has anyone had this issue or have any ideas on how to fix.  We went live
November 27, 2000 with 3.5.2 SP3 and now we have problems with users
logging
on with explorer.  Today for instance no one using explorer could log on,
explorer said it was checking authority to the AS400 and just remained
there.  Then about 30 minutes later some users could log on and others
still
could not.  Our experience with this issue is that about 3 hours after the
1st attempt for the day then everyone can sign on until the next morning,
then we have the same issue.  We have rebooted our network server and the
AS400 but this seems not to have had any effect on this issue.  We are
using
3.5.2i version of explorer.  Thanks.

Randy Stratton
Director IS