  • Subject: re:Negative orders - some observations...
  • From: "Michele Mitchell" <mmitchell@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:54:00 -0400

 We are at version 3.5.2b testing for service pack 3 with no auto mods to
VS.  We have been experiencing problems with negative quantities on orders
- always the outstanding quantity - and - always on Blanket orders -  for
over a year.

The problem came to our attention when  we began investigating problems
with exceeding receiving authorities (PM012) when the quantity to be
received obviously did not exceed the users limit.  What we found were
negative outstanding quantity balances on purchase order lines.

This condition also seems to be especially aggravated by manual PO
amendments - as well as -  Vendor scheduling releases to the same item.
Ultimately the item ends up with scheduled quantities that are marked with
an 'S' (from the contract/vendor schedule) as well as quantities marked
with a 'B' (from the manual adjustments)on the same item  (PMP02/OSLD1F3 -
STYP02 vs. PMP03/OSLD1F3 - STYP03).

Another symptom appears to be more than one '0' blanket order sequence line
per item (PMP03/OSLD1F3 - BOSN03) since the zero blanket sequence, is/seems
to be, a total of all open line quantities, items with multiple zero
BOSN03s do not compute.

Another (seemingly linked) problem is with Contract to PO relationships,
i.e.  with POs that were created manually and then entered into the PO
field on the contract header.  POs created via scheduling through a
contract have the contract relationship in the record (PMP03/OSLD1F3 -
CTRN03) (PMP02/OSLD1F3 - CTRN02) POs created manually do not.  This came to
our attention when using the "F15:P/O Lines" option from contract-item
details (inquiry or maintenance).  The purchase order inquiry will not find
any open lines regardless if there are open lines or not for POs created
manually, but will find open lines for items on POs that were created via
the contract through vendor scheduling.

Vendor Scheduling creates "Scheduled" type orders via the contract and, so
far, I have not been able to duplicate these problems with "Schedule" type
POs created via the contract.  So I suspect the problem to be, at least in
part, created by using Blanket type POs with Vendor scheduling contracts.

 I understand that there has been some discussion on this topic already but
please share any and all insights/suggestions/comments regarding this
issue.

Thanks,
Michele Mitchell
Sales Coordinator