  • Subject: Re: Introduction
  • From: "Charles Lawson" <clawson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2000 12:52:20 -0400

What is the "Automotive Enhancement Package?"

                    "Nick Barraco"

                    <NBarraco@petriinc.        To:
<JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com>
                    com>                       cc:

                    Sent by:                   Subject:     Introduction

                    owner-jbausers-l@mi

                    drange.com

                    06/15/00 10:49 AM

                    Please respond to

                    JBAUSERS-L

Petri is an automotive Safety supplier that has been using System21 since
1992.  We are currently in the final phases of a complete re-implementation
of the software.  We have just purchased the Automotive Enhancement
Package, and are currently beginning testing of it.
Petri has just been purchased by Takata Holdings, Inc; which is a world
leader in seat belt and airbag technology.
Unless there are some drastic changes in the future, we expect to be
switching from System21 to PRMS sometime after 2002.

I have been the IS Manager here at Petri since 1998.  I formerly worked as
Level 2 Technical Support on JBA's Great Lakes Region Help Desk, and left
JBA in 1997 to work as a Systems Analyst at Petri.  I was promoted to my
current position at the end of 1997.

I recently had the pleasure of working on an IBM Residency with Graham
Hope, Kevin Heiman (both from Geac), and Dave Barry (formerly of Geac).  We
authored the first IBM Redbook on System21, entitled "Implementing Geac
System21 on the AS/400."  Look for it to be published sometime in August.

Best Regards,
Nick Barraco
IS Manager
Petri Inc.