  • Subject: Explorer and Jacada - Microsoft Clients
  • From: bmcintyre@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 May 2000 06:00:57 -0500

This is a repost as I am unsure the first one went through.
---------------------- Forwarded by Bruce McIntyre/CHICAGO/JBAINTL/US on
05/11/2000 07:12 AM ---------------------------

Bruce McIntyre
05/11/2000 06:34 AM

To:   JBAUSERS-L@midrange.com
cc:
Subject:  Explorer and Jacada - Microsoft Clients  (Document link not
      converted)

Hi to the List.

This is a note to outline what is going on with Explorer and Jacada.

I will recap a little on Jacada nad then outline for you where we are and
what we are planning to do. I will also introduce to you an additional
product called System 21 Office which is presently in Beta and which relies
on Explorer as well.

Jacada provides three distinct user interfaces, a Jacada Native UI, a VB UI
and a Java UI. System 21 has implemented the VB UI and the Java UI. There
is no implementation provided in System 21 for the Native UI.

To keep within the size restrictions on the list I am dealing in this note
with the VB UI, System 21 Office and Explorer, I will deal with the Java
client and Explorer on a separate note.

Microsoft Client Environment.

The Jacada VB UI is integrated to System 21 Explorer. Explorer and the
entire user environment, Action Tracker, Action List and Document Viewer
are supported and will continue to be supported. This implementation will
carry forward as one of System 21's standard implementations.

The existing Microsoft client environment includes the proprietary emulator
delivered as part of Explorer. This emulator, along with the rest of the
Explorer application set  will be put into maintenance mode. By that we
mean that it will continue to be supported, defects will be repaired but we
plan no new substantial developments on this product. Our focus moving
forward is on the delivery of the Jacada UI in support of Microsoft clients
while still providing Explorer and the features that enable Active
Enterprise in that environment.

The major developments currently underway in the labs on Jacada UI are
geared to completing integration of the latest version of Jacada which
provides for DBCS and Slavic langauge support.