  • Subject: RE: Anyone have thoughts on impending purchase of JBA by GEAC?
  • From: "Fred Mitchell" <fred@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Aug 1999 09:17:30 +0100

I have been following the JBA share price recently and a number of financial
BBS and the feeling is that the offer will not be accepted.  There are also
rumuors that a couple of other companies are interested in a higher price.

I personally hope that this offer is rejected (I for one have not returned
my acceptance note) but would accept an offer at about GBP3.50, which is a
reasonable price.

I have worked for JBA in the past both as a permanent employee and as a
contractor and now make my living providing independent support and bespoke
programming to JBA sites.    I feel that taking development away from the UK
will be a bad thing as seen by the  horrendous problems with the Style
product when development was taken to Sri Lanka.

--
Fred Mitchell
Concise Consulting Ltd.