  • Subject: Re: JBA technical documentation
  • From: "Bruce Stern" <sternb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 19:31:16 -0400

We got two slim notebooks of "technical documentation" with V2.4 and at
least the status codes and processed indicator field settings were
documented for order entry, allocations, and manufacturing.  We also did
testing to confirm the use of the codes and have not had much trouble with
them.  We have adopted procedural controls, however, to stay out of trouble.
For example, we don't do backorders or multiple shipments against an order
line.  When the line ships it is complete, period.  If we need to backorder
we will adjust the line quantity to match the shipment and add another line
to the order for the remainder.  We did have a mod done that allows us to
reopen an order header that would otherwise be flagged complete, and we
always ignore the STAT40 (OEP40)field since we rely on STAT55 (OEP55) for
true order line status.

If you have more questions, post them here.

Best,

Bruce Stern